|Series:||Infinities: Book 1|
|Avg Member Rating:||
The universe shifts and changes: suddenly you understand, you get it, and are filled with a sense of wonder. That moment of understanding drives the greatest science-fiction stories and lies at the heart of Engineering Infinity.
Whether it's coming up hard against the speed of light and, with it, the enormity of the universe, realising that terraforming a distant world is harder and more dangerous than you'd ever thought, or simply realizing that a hitchhiker on a starship consumes fuel and oxygen with tragic results, it's hard science-fiction where sense of wonder is most often found and where science-fiction's true heart lies.
The exciting and innovative science-fiction anthology collects together stories by some of the biggest names in the field including Stephen Baxter, Charles Stross and Greg Bear
Table of Contents:
- Malak, Peter Watts
- Watching the Music Dance, Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- Laika's Ghost, Karl Schroeder
- The Invasion of Venus, Stephen Baxter
- The Server and the Dragon, Hannu Rajaniemi
- Bit Rot, Charles Stross
- Creatures with Wings, Kathleen Ann Goonan
- Walls of Flesh, Bars of Bone, Damien Broderick & Barbara Lamar
- Mantis, Robert Reed
- Judgement Eve, John C. Wright
- A Soldier of the City, David Moles
- Mercies, Gregory Benford
- The Ki-anna, Gwyneth Jones
- The Birds and the Bees and the Gasoline Trees, John Barnes
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
There are currently no reviews for this novel. Be the first to submit one! You must be logged in to submit a review in the BookTrackr section above.
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!