Burning Chrome (collection)
Arbor House, 1986
This book does not appear to be part of a series. If this is incorrect, and you know the name of the series to which it belongs, please let us know.
|If you liked Burning Chrome (collection) you might like these books.|
|Avg Member Rating:||
Best-known for his seminal sf novel Neuromancer, William Gibson is actually best when writing short fiction. Tautly-written and suspenseful, Burning Chrome collects 10 of his best short stories with a preface from Bruce Sterling, now available for the first time in trade paperback. These brilliant, high-resolution stories show Gibson's characters and intensely-realized worlds at his absolute best, from the chip-enhanced couriers of "Johnny Mnemonic" to the street-tech melancholy of "Burning Chrome."
Table of Contents:
- Preface - essay by Bruce Sterling
- Johnny Mnemonic - (1981) - shortstory
- The Gernsback Continuum - (1981) - shortstory
- Fragments of a Hologram Rose - (1977) - shortstory
- The Belonging Kind - (1981) - shortstory by John Shirley and William Gibson
- Hinterlands - (1981) - shortstory
- Red Star, Winter Orbit - (1983) - novelette by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling
- New Rose Hotel - (1984) - shortstory
- The Winter Market - (1985) - novelette
- Dogfight - (1985) - novelette by Michael Swanwick and William Gibson
- Burning Chrome - (1982) - novelette
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!