The Year's Best Science Fiction: Twenty-Fifth Annual Collection
In the new millennium, what secrets lay beyond the far reaches of the universe? What mysteries belie the truths we once held to be self evident? The world of science fiction has long been a porthole into the realities of tomorrow blurring the line between life and art. Now, in The Year's Best Science Fiction Twenty-Fifth Annual Collection the very best SF authors explore ideas of a new world.
And with an extensive recommended reading guide and a summation of the year in science fiction, this annual compilation has become the definitive must read anthology for all science fiction fans and readers interested in breaking into the genre.
Table of Contents:
- David Moles: "Finisterra"
- Ken MacLeod: "Lighting Out"
- John Barnes: "The Ocean is a Snowflake, Four Billion Miles Away"
- Gwyneth Jones: "Saving Tiamaat"
- James Van Pelt: "Of Late I Dreamt of Venus"
- Ian McDonald: "Verthandi's Ring"
- Una McCormack: "Sea Change"
- Chris Roberson: "The Sky is Large and the Earth is Small"
- Greg Egan: "Glory"
- Robert Silverberg: "Against the Current"
- Neal Asher: "Alien Archeology"
- Ted Chiang: "The Merchant and the Alchemist's Gate" which went on to win the 2008 Hugo award for best novelette
- Justin Stanchfield: "Beyond the Wall"
- Bruce Sterling: "Kiosk"
- Stephen Baxter: "Last Contact"
- Alastair Reynolds: "The Sledge-Maker's Daughter"
- Ian McDonald: "Sanjeev and Robotwallah"
- Michael Swanwick: "The Skysailor's Tale"
- Vandana Singh: "Of Love and Other Monsters"
- Greg Egan: "Steve Fever"
- Kage Baker: "Hellfire at Twilight"
- Brian Stableford: "The Immortals of Atlantis"
- Pat Cadigan: "Nothing Personal"
- Elizabeth Bear: "Tideline" which went on to win the 2008 Hugo award for best short story
- Keith Brooke: "The Accord"
- Nancy Kress: "Laws of Survival"
- Tom Purdom: "The Mists of Time"
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch: "Craters"
- Ted Kosmatka: "The Prophet of Flores"
- Benjamin Rosenbaum & David Ackert: "Stray"
- Robert Reed: "Roxie"
- Gregory Benford: "Dark Heaven"
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
There are currently no reviews for this novel. Be the first to submit one! You must be logged in to submit a review in the BookTrackr section above.
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!